Running JCoast as Quick Live Test (Beginners)
For all users, who have not worked with JCoast before and/or have no genomic data available so far, we offer a Live Test connection to our servers which host a number of demo data sets.
By just few clicks (please follow the instructions below) you can explore all JCoast features based on two published reference genome/fosmid projects via our JCoast Web Service route.
If you encounter any problems, please submit a bug/support ticket.
How to start the JCoast Live Test:
- Run JCoast using the Webstart option by following the link within the Run Latest Version box (left webpage column)
- Provide demo Login and Password as given below
- Select Webservice and press Edit (see Step 1 below) - a new window opens
- Select No Proxy (if not required by your network), provide internet protocol and URL (Step 2) as given below and press Save
- Press OK
- Select one of the two demo databases (or both) and press Open (Step 3) - Welcome to Jcoast!
JCoast Live Test Connection Details:
- Login: jcoastdemo
- Password: jcoastdemo
- URL: ws2.jcoast.net
- Protocol: http
Step 1: The JCoast Login Panel. Select 'Webservice' to activate the JCoast Web Service route.
By providing the JCoast demo login name and password given above, you can connect to the two demo databases.
Step 2: Make your proxy settings and provide internet protocol and URL as given above.
Step 3: Select one (or more) database(s) and press 'Open' to start JCoast.